The City of London office space
The City of London Key Facts
- the financial centre of London and home to the Bank of England
- office occupiers from the financial services, the insurance industry and many of the professions
- high grade air conditioned office buildings which provide the very best quality space
- Ordinary quality offices available at lower rental levels
- excellent communications – mainline rail services within walking distance
- The Stansted Express runs between Liverpool Street and Stansted Airport every 15 mins
- Home to iconic skyscraper 30 St Mary Axe – affectionately known as The Gherkin
More about The City of London
The City of London – also known as The Square Mile – houses the financial centre of London and notably the Bank of England. Although many large financial bodies have moved east to Canary Wharf, the majority of City occupiers, such as financial services, the insurance industry and many of the professions, are well supplied with high grade air conditioned office buildings which provide the very best quality space.
Ordinary quality offices, some of which are quite modest in type, are available at lower rental levels, hence enabling smaller support companies who interact with the big occupiers, to locate in the City of London.
Communications are very good indeed, and notably a number of the London mainline stations are situated within a short walking distance of the heart of the City of London.
Liverpool Street station services Greater Anglia – including the Stansted Express – the fastest route between Stansted Airport and Central London – trains depart every 15 minutes and take 47 minutes to or from Stansted.
A host of new commercial buildings have been built in the past decade, including the iconic skyscraper 30 St Mary Axe – affectionately known as The Gherkin