for complete control and certainty, invest in a freehold office
What is a freehold office building?
- A freehold office building is a self contained building (much like a house) that you can buy and own for ever!
- There are huge attractions in owning your own office building in London, most of which boil down to control and potential financial benefit. As with a house, if you buy well in terms of timing and location, owning commercial property can potentially make you a tidy profit. And you can also enjoy occupying a office space in London without the hassle of having to answer to your landlord.
- There are also of course potential disadvantages. Like the housing market, commercial property prices can go down as well as up, day one entry costs are very high and owner occupiers have to resource running the building, which can be a diversion from their core business.
- Another point to bear in mind, is that offices for sale in central London (as opposed to lease) tend to come over a number of floors, so they can be less efficient to occupy.
- Offices for sale in London are pretty scarce, so we tend to use our contacts to seek opportunities ideally before they come to market.
Let us help you find a freehold office
Your Own Front Door
Put your corporate branding outside your own front door.
Create your own image and work environment inside – the way you want it.
Invest In The Future
When you buy an office freehold in London (or of course in prime locations nationwide) you potentially acquire an appreciating asset. The investment can be further enhanced if you buy in an up and coming area.
Invest in your company’s financial future, or buy it yourself in a SIPP or similar, then let the commercial property to your company.
Invest In Your Own Building
Why pay service charges to a landlord and suffer dilapidation costs at the end of your lease?
It feels different – and is often cheaper – when you improve your own freehold office building.
You are responsible for maintenance but money you spend on improvements can add to the building’s value, unlike money spent on a landlord’s building, which provides added value to them.
No More Rent Reviews
Buy office space in London at today’s values. Don’t get caught out in the future by landlords upward only rent reviews.
Come And Go As You Please
In certain circumstances, occupiers in leased office space can be kicked out at lease expiry – potentially at a very inconvenient time.
Tenants can also suffer over the barrel lease renewal negotiations at this juncture.
If you buy your own London office property, you can move when you want and perhaps have the opportunity to become a landlord yourself!