Clerkenwell office space
Clerkenwell Key Facts
- a rich diversity of office space – lower cost alternatives to offices in the City of London and the West End
- all types of office accommodation from small studios to large corporate buildings
- relocation of media companies from increasingly expensive Soho and the West End
- good communications: large mainline and underground services
- Stansted Express from Liverpool Street – the fastest route between Stansted Airport and Central London
- due to be a major interchange for Crossrail
More About Clerkenwell
This area along the north eastern fringes of the City has a rich diversity of office space, which provides a lower cost alternative to traditional City of London and West End occupiers.
The City fringes contain all types of office accommodation from small studios to large corporate buildings and the area tends to fill up substantially when rents in core Central London locations become too expensive. An example of this trend can be seen in the present eastward relocation of media companies from increasingly expensive Soho / West End.
As with most of Central London, Clerkenwell and the City fringes have good communications. Large mainline and underground services are provided at Farringdon, which will also become a major interchange once Crossrail opens – with over 140 trains passing though per hour. Further east Liverpool Street station services Greater Anglia – including the Stansted Express – the fastest route between Stansted Airport and Central London – trains depart every 15 minutes and take 47 minutes to or from Stansted.