Moving INTO new London office space? Here’s a handy 18 point checklist
Moving into new London office space can be an overwhelming experience – there are so many items to remember, is frighteningly easy to overlook something important . This list isn’t all-inclusive (and not all items may be relevant to your needs), but it’s a useful starting point.
Checklists are proving to be an ongoing theme here at Find a London Office. We’re big fans of them: if you want your move to be as smooth as possible, we cannot recommend them highly enough.
- Building survey: is one required?
- Survey of mechanical and electrical equipment: is one required?
- IT and Telecoms: who will provide and install this?
- Fibre: Does fibre already come into the building / office and who is providing it?
- Satellite dishes: do you need them?
- Data supplier do you need more than one?
- Furniture: do you already have enough? Can you source more?
- Rating: contact the rating authority to check the assessment. Do you need to appeal against it?
- Insurance: contact your brokers to make the necessary arrangements
- Space planning and fit out: select a specialist fit out company
- Alterations to the building or space: get the landlords consent
- Stationary, website, social media and corporate branding: update with your new contact details
- Corporate branding:take the opportunity to rebrand or improve your existing branding
- Change of Address: Tell your clients, suppliers and employees about your new contact details
- Managing Agent: Introduce yourself and check the management regime.
- Rent: Check the mechanism for paying your rent and service charge.
- Security: Check the security arrangements are going to be adequate for your needs. If not contact a specialist
- Utilities: contact any direct suppliers
Is this checklist useful? You can have it as a PDF along with all our other checklists: Download our complete checklists PDF for FREE